BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 9, 2009

WOW

well I had my first encounter with racism this week y'all and wouldn't you know it was from black folk. *sigh* this was the shocker to me, the roles were totally reversed and I saw and heard first hand the things that in my mind make them soooo racist. Its crazy I was sooo prepared for it to possibly be from the other end of the spectrum and some point in time maybe. But man oh man having it be the reverse really caught me off guard. I know i'm being so vague and maybe not even making any sense to those reading this but I just had to vent in some way.

2 comments:

Sunday Omony said...

Hey Sis!

Are you ok? Racism is a form of "power" which can only be acted upon by the dominant group. Whites cannot experience racism. Blacks can be prejudice but not racist. It does not benifit another black person to make racial remarks to another. They're powerless! I hope this makes sense. Keep your head up beautiful. xox :)

afrinet said...

Dear Kay E.,

Keep your eyes on the prize.

I don't know the details of what happened, but more than likely you encountered some haters. And, haters should motivate you. Always remember that the higher you elevate in life, the more haters you attract. Any successful person will tell you that.

Don't let this change who you are. That experience was just an insignificant bump in your journey. That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Peace and Love.